Over 50,000 copies sold!
"Teach Your Kids to Code invigorated my own efforts to teach kids how to code. It made my day!" – Steve Wozniak, co-founder of Apple
"The text is clear, the graphics are engaging, and the apps are awesome. This is the programming guide for parents and kids to enjoy together." – Aaron Walker, Cybersecurity expert, NASA
"Dr. Payne set us on a path that led us to our dream jobs! With Teach Your Kids to Code, he's providing parents and teachers everywhere the chance to do the same for the next generation of creative problem-solvers." – Shah and Susan Rahman, Blizzard Entertainment
What if your kids could learn essential coding skills from one of the top programming and cyber-security experts in the world?
Teach Your Kids to Code is the bestselling book for teaching kids basic computer programming and problem-solving skills. Dr. Bryson Payne is the Director of Cyber Education at the University of North Georgia and author of Learn Java the Easy Way.
With Dr. Payne as your guide, you will enjoy hearing your child say:
· Mommy! Daddy! Look what I did!
· Try this game I built!
· Wow! I didn't know it was so easy! I can do this!
Parents and teachers can help a beginning programmer learn how to create:
· Visually inspiring graphics
· Fun, game-oriented examples that hold their attention
· Build variables, loops, and functions
· Draw colorful shapes with Turtle graphics
· Code and decode messages
· Play Rock-Paper-Scissors, War, Yahtzee, and Pong
· Create animation and sound to their apps
Teach Your Kids to Code is the perfect companion to any programming class, after-school coding club, or homeschool curriculum. Get a copy and spend fun, productive time at the computer with your kids – learning how to code together!
- Paperback: 336 pages
- Publisher: No Starch Press; 1 edition (April 1, 2015)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1593276141
- ISBN-13: 978-1593276140
- Product Dimensions: 7 x 0.9 x 9.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.6 pounds