Man cannot live on bread alone. He also needs chili and steak, tacos and jambalaya, barbecued ribs and burgers. But what about keeping body and mind in top-notch condition? How do you satisfy your appetite and stay lean and healthy?
From Adina Steiman, the food and nutrition editor of Men's Health, and Paul Kita, who oversees the Guy Gourmet blog on MensHealth.com, comes GUY GOURMET: Great Chefs' Amazing Meals for a Lean & Healthy Body, the ultimate guide to crafting easy, delicious meals at home.
GUY GOURMET, the first-ever cookbook from Men's Health magazine, features more than 150 healthy, delicious recipes, many from the best chefs in the nation – including Thomas Keller, Rick Bayless, Kenny Callaghan, Tyler Florence, Adam Perry Lang, Chris Lilly, Anita Lo, Masaharu Morimoto, Seamus Mullen, Eric Ripert, John Stage and Marcus Samuelsson.
Written for seasoned cooks and beginners alike, GUY GOURMET satisfies readers' hunger with nutrient-packed, soul-satisfying dishes like Steak au Poivre with Roast Potatoes, Crab Cakes, Grilled Fish Tacos with Chipotle Crema, Backyard Baby Back Ribs and more.
Highlights of GUY GOURMET include:
– Fast Weeknight Meals: Instead of takeout, try these fast, protein-packed, delicious dinners
– Cooking for a Crowd: Round up the crew for big-batch meals designed to feed the masses
– Celebration Meals: Craft holiday meals that won't wipe out or weigh down readers (or their guests)
– A Guide to Imbibing: Pair the right beers and wines with food; make cocktails a breeze and more
– Date Night Meals: Impress her with failsafe recipes and chef-worthy tricks
– How to Master the Grill: Learn all the skills you need to become a backyard grilling champ
In addition to tons of great recipes and cooking techniques, the 320-page manual packs in all the basics on essential cooking equipment and tools, tips on stocking a pantry, organizing a fridge, and more. And throughout, quick kitchen tricks on how to flip a flapjack, roll dough with a wine bottle, and zest a lime will transform any hungry guy into a confident home cook.
- Hardcover: 336 pages
- Publisher: Rodale Books; 1 edition (May 14, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 160961979X
- ISBN-13: 978-1609619794
- Product Dimensions: 7.8 x 0.9 x 9.4 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2 pounds